Try these guilt-free desserts this Valentine’s Day!
Whether you are having a romantic night in, the girls over for Galentine’s Day, or baking with the kids... these sweet treats will pack all of the flavor without the added guilt. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) coconut milk
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup (20g) cocoa
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set up your pop molds or 4-ounce paper cups, and have 8 popsicle sticks ready to go.
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, coconut milk, avocado, cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla and secure the lid. Blend the mixture until smooth, then scrape down the sides and blend again making sure there are no lumps.
- Measure about 1/4 cup (60ml) of the mixture into each pop mold, and divide any leftovers between them. If you are using molds, insert pop sticks and freeze. If you are using paper cups, freeze the pops for about an hour before inserting the sticks; the mixture will be firm enough to hold the stick upright.
- To serve, run hot water over the mold and pull out the pop. Paper cups can be torn off and discarded.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 frozen pop
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 85; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 35mg; Carbohydrate: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 2g
Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Blondies
- 6 tablespoons ghee (can use butter or coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (45g) dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). In a medium mixing bowl, mix the ghee until softened. Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the cassava flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Grease a 7×5 baking dish and pour in the batter. Bake for 18–20 minutes until a slight crust forms on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10–15 minutes, then slice into 12 pieces.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 blondie
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 123; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 31mg; Sodium: 28mg; Carbohydrate: 8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 1g