Latest News

Our fitness blog covers everything about fitness, weight loss, nutrition, and SIN Fitness updates. We provide helpful tips to help you burn more calories, get stronger, and look and feel your best.
3 minutes reading time (505 words)

May 2020 Member of the Month Amy Gregory

May 2020 Member of the Month Amy GregoryMember of the Month for May goes out to Amy Gregory.

When given options at the gym, she always takes on the harder challenge. Amy always pushes to her limits, and will even practice her form on her own. She is fun in class, laughs, dances but is always moving and working hard.

Her skills have really developed since beginning Kick-Fit. She is an active member of SIN participating After Darks, Trivia Nights, and other gym events.

Since being home for quarantine she has stepped out of her comfort zone. She has starting doing Bootcamp and HIIT workouts and killing them! She is committed to working out at home and inspires others to do the same.

Amy, we see you working hard and we are proud of your hard work and dedication!! 💪🏻❤️🔥

How long have you been coming to Strength in Numbers?
Since January or February, 2019

Do you remember your first workout?
YES. I went to a kickboxing class with Pat as my one-on-one and I had no idea what I was doing. I had never kick-boxed before and could barely do the push-up negatives even though I was fairly active with workouts at home. The energy was great and instructive and heavy with encouragement. After my second class, I couldn’t lift my arms to wash my hair in the shower and I was so excited to push myself to build up those muscles. I was hooked.

How would you describe you lifestyle before Strength in Numbers? How would you describe it now?
I would do small workouts at home on my own before SIN, but a lot of my day was spent sitting at a computer and it was driving me absolutely crazy. Now, fitting classes at the gym into my busy schedule is one of my top priorities and a key factor in my mental stability. Honestly, my co-workers should thank you.

How are you staying motivated at home during quarantine?
Motivation is definitely 99% from my teammates in the challenges. I don’t want to let them down by being the only one that doesn’t work out that day. The remaining 1% comes from the thought that I think it would be great to come out of this whole situation stronger than when I went in. And you know, the endorphins make you happy.

If you could design your perfect workout what would it be?
It might be the isolation talking, but I really enjoyed the alphabet workouts recently and Kick-FIT brings me to my happy place. So, I think I would combine the two by doing Kick-FIT and/or cardio move for each letter of the alphabet.

What advice would you give to anyone thinking of starting at Strength in Numbers?
TRY IT! Because you’ll love it. The classes are difficult, but it’s only to push you to do better. The coaches will help you with modifications to get your best workout, so don’t be scared because everyone in that class will be rooting for you. You’re part of a team.


Related Posts



No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment
Monday, June 27, 2022