1 minute reading time
Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Author: Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 2 tsp. cooking oil of your choice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp water
- zest from one large lime
- juice from one large lime
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 small heads iceberg lettuce, washed and cut into cups
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, then cook the beef until it’s cooked through and starting to brown.
- While beef cooks, mix the fish sauce, Sriracha sauce, and water in a small bowl.
- Zest the skin of the lime and squeeze the juice. (You may need two limes to get enough juice, but only use the zest from one lime.)
- Thinly slice the green onions and chop the cilantro.
- Most iceberg lettuce doesn’t need washing but remove the outer leaves. Cut out the core and cut the lettuce into quarters to make “cups” to hold the beef mixture.
- When the beef is done, add the Sriracha Sauce mixture and let it sizzle until the water has evaporated, stirring a few times to mix the sauce in evenly.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, sliced green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve the meat in the lettuce wrap and enjoy!
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat 8g
Unsaturated Fat: 11g